The Writer's Handbook
- APSA Headings
- APSA Notes
- APSA Reference List
- Government document
- Legal proceeding, statute, or hearing
- Forthcoming work
- Dissertation or thesis
- Paper presented at meeting
- Indirect source
- Format the reference list
- APSA Parenthetical Citations
Format the reference list
The reference list should begin on a new page at the end of your paper, titled simply "reference" (without the quotation marks).
- Include reference only for works that you have actually cited in your paper.
- Alphabetize the entries, by author's last name.
- If your list includes several works by the same author, arrange them chronologically and repeat the author's name at the beginning of each reference.
- Double-space all lines, and indent second and subsequent lines of each entry.