We offer limited services during the summer months. Click below to view summer instruction options.
We help undergraduate and graduate students in all disciplines become more effective, more confident writers. We believe that writing is a powerful tool not only for communicating existing ideas but also for discovering new ones...
[ more » ]
Individual Writing Instruction
You can schedule an appointment to meet with a Writing Center instructor in our main location during the summer sessions, times listed below.
Tuesday, May 27 - Thursday, June 12: Monday - Thursday, 1 - 4 p.m.
Monday, June 16 - Thursday, August 7: Monday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
College Library satellite
Our College Library satellite is open June 23 to August 6.
|College Library satellite||6:30 - 9:30 p.m.||6:30 - 9:30 p.m.|
Feedback by email and Skype
Are you off campus this summer? Are you working on academic writing or on application essays? We have two great new options:
- You can upload a draft of 5 pages or fewer and receive emailed feedback from one of our team of expert writing instructors. We will respond in fewer than 3 business days, or will let you know if we cannot. Send us your draft by completing this form.
- You can work with an instructor over Skype by calling our friendly receptionists at 608-263-1992 and asking to schedule an appointment with an instructor who is available to work online.
- Writing Personal Statements
- Writing Resumés and Cover Letters
- Simple Steps for Perfecting Your Punctuation
- Turning Undergraduate Research Into Professional Publications
- A Writer's Retreat
- Writing with Scrivener to Keep Your Long Projects Organized
- How to Email Like a Professional
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student working on a long writing project this summer? Wishing you could carve out time to write, or finding it tough to stay motivated? The Writing Center is here to support you! Click here for more information.