We help undergraduate and graduate students in all disciplines become more effective, more confident writers. We believe that writing is a powerful tool not only for communicating existing ideas but also for discovering new ones...
[ more » ]
Individual Writing Instruction
You can schedule an appointment to meet with a Writing Center instructor in our main location during the summer sessions, times listed below.
Tuesday, May 26–Thursday, June 11: Monday–Thursday, 1–4 p.m. (except Memorial Day)
Monday, June 15–Thursday, August 6: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
College Library satellite
Our College Library satellite is open June 22 to August 6.
|College Library satellite||6:00–9:00 p.m.||6:00–9:00 p.m.|
Location: The student services area is on the first floor of College Library, to the right of the entrance.
Sign up: Instruction at our College Library satellite is first-come, first-served. Sign up at the booth early in the evening to reserve your spot!
Feedback by email and Skype
Are you off campus this summer? Are you working on academic writing or on application essays? We have two great options:
- You can upload a draft of 6 pages or fewer and receive emailed feedback from one of
our team of expert writing instructors. We will respond in fewer than 3 business days, or
let you know if we cannot.
Email instruction is now closed for the summer term. We will see you again in the fall!
- You can work with an instructor over Skype by calling our friendly receptionists at 608-263-1992 and asking to schedule an appointment with an instructor who is available to work with you through a video call.
Please note that the Writing Center's summer business days are Monday through Thursday.
- Intro to Resumés and Cover Letters
- Writing the Medical School Personal Statement
- The Academic Job Market Starter Kit