Preparing for Student-Teacher Conferences
APPOINTMENT DAY AND TIME:
Class is cancelled Monday, October 2, and Wednesday, October 4 in order to make time for one‑on‑one conferences. Your conference counts as class attendance. Bring your most recent revision of your current assignment with you. In addition, please come with written responses to the following questions.
- What have you been working on so far in your writing?
- What would you like to continue to work on?
- What do you like about working in a workshop group?
- What would you like the group to be doing that it isn’t doing right now?
- What kinds of topics (regarding writing) would you like to see discussed in class?
History 574: “Sharing Exercise”: for Presentation of Paper Themes and for Office Hour Discussions of Papers.
If I had to summarize the theme of my historical essay in no more than two or three sentences, I would state:
If I had to phrase my theme as a question for which I hope to develop an answer, my question would be:
Optional: If I had a hypothesis to share about items 1 & 2 above, the hypothesis would be:
The sources we have read (both primary and secondary) that are likely to be most useful for my paper are:
My biggest concern or anxiety about the paper is:
PLEASE FILL IN AND USE THIS AS A REFERENCE IN YOUR BRIEF PRESENTATIONS ON 10 NOV. AND IN YOUR OFFICE MEETINGS WITH ME ON YOUR PAPERS. THANKS.