This section provides a quick resource for citing sources in papers using the 8th edition of the MLA Handbook (2016).
- Orientation to MLA
- Creating an MLA works cited page
- Short stories
- Electronic sources
- Government publications, encyclopedia entries
- Personal interviews, films, tv programs, and others
- Using MLA in–text citations
- Abbreviating references to your sources
MLA Documentation Guide
Works Cited page entry: Government publication, encyclopedia entry
National Endowment for the Humanities. What We Do. NEH, March 2017, https://www.neh.gov/files/whatwedo.pdf.
This is treated as a source written by a corporate author.
Signed encyclopedia entry
Neander, Karen. “Teleological Theories of Mental Content.” The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, edited by Edward N. Zalta, spring ed., 2012, https://plato.stanford.edu/archives/spr2012/entries/content-teleological/.