Workshops are open to currently enrolled UW-Madison students, staff and faculty, and are offered free of charge. To register for a workshop, please fill out the registration form accessible through the link at the bottom of each individual workshop’s description page. You will receive a confirmation email for your registration as soon as you register.
Approaches to Improve Teaching and Learning
- Creating and Sequencing Effective Writing Assignments
- Responding to and Evaluating Student Writing…Without Getting Buried Under the Paper Load
- Designing an Interactive Writing Process for Your Students
- Using Online Tools in Canvas to Evaluate and Respond to Student Writing – NEW!
- Writing Recommendation Letters
- Working with Multilingual Writers and Fostering Their Success
- Writing Retreats and Community Building
- New Media and Writing
- Style, Grammar, and Punctuation
- Letters, Resumes, and Applications
To attend a workshop, go to the Writing Center main location in Room 6171 of the Helen C. White building. All workshops are held in the vicinity of the Writing Center and the student receptionist on staff will be able to direct you to the specific location when you arrive. We do not offer workshops online.
Plan to arrive to your workshop 10 minutes early. If you would like to register for a workshop and must miss part of it, please email us prior to registering. Workshops are designed to last for the time specified on their description page, and missing part of a class means that you are missing important material.
If you’ve looked through our workshop offerings and haven’t found the workshop that you believe will fit your needs, we’d like to hear from you. We are constantly refining and expanding our workshop offerings and would like to know if there’s a writing topic that we should be addressing. You can send us email, call, or stop by the Writing Center.