Workshops are open to currently enrolled UW-Madison students, staff and faculty, and are offered free of charge. To register for a workshop, please fill out the registration form accessible through the link at the bottom of each individual workshop’s description page. You will receive a confirmation email for your registration as soon as you register.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Approaches to Improve Teaching and Learning
- Creating and Sequencing Effective Writing Assignments
- Assessment in the Age of Covid
- Writing Recommendation Letters
- Working with Multilingual Writers and Fostering Their Success
- Responding to and Evaluating Student Writing: Maximizing Your Time with Conferences & Peer Review
- Responding to and Evaluating Student Writing… Without Getting Buried Under the Paper Load
Writing Retreats and Community Building
New Media and Writing
Style, Grammar, and Punctuation
Letters, Resumes, and Applications
All workshops in Fall 2020 will be offered online. On the day of the workshop, all registered students will receive an email from the workshop facilitators with information about how to join and participate in the online workshop.
Plan to arrive to your workshop 10 minutes early. If you would like to register for a workshop and must miss part of it, please email us prior to registering. Workshops are designed to last for the time specified on their description page, and missing part of a class means that you are missing important material.
If you’ve looked through our workshop offerings and haven’t found the workshop that you believe will fit your needs, we’d like to hear from you. We are constantly refining and expanding our workshop offerings and would like to know if there’s a writing topic that we should be addressing.