Where are the Writing Center’s main center and satellite locations? How do email and Skype instruction work? What’s a workshop like? You have the chance to win prizes by answering these questions and completing the Write-On! Scavenger Hunt.
UW-Madison students: Complete two of the activities below between October 25 and November 8 to earn your prize! You can work individually or tackle the hunt together with friends!
- Attend one of the Writing Center’s workshops listed below and take a selfie.
- Go to one of the Writing Center’s satellite locations and take a selfie.
- Go to the main Writing Center location (6171 Helen C. White Hall) and take a selfie.
- Use our online Writing Center (email, skype, or our Writer’s Handbook) and take a selfie.
Post your selfies on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #UWWritingCenter50. Then come to the Writing Center between 10:00-3:00 on Friday, November 8, to pick up your prize.
And if you come between 1:30-2:30, there will be sweet treats, writing activities with Bucky, and more!
Friday, October 25, 2019
- Punctuation! Punctuation? Punctuation, 1:00-3:00
Saturday, October 26, 2019
- A Writer’s Retreat, 9:00-1:00
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- Creating Research Posters, 3:30-5:00
Thursday, October 31, 2019
- Learning and Integrating Common Features of Professional Research Writing, 2:00-3:30
- Writing Résumés and Cover Letters for Undergrads, 4:30-5:45
Friday, November 1, 2019
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- How to Make Your Presentation Slides Clear and Dynamic, 2:00-3:30
- Reading Strategies to Step Up Your Research Game, 4:00-5:15
Thursday, November 7, 2019